Cheese crisps are a keto dieter’s dream! They offer that crunchy crisp that those who are following the keto diet cannot get from chips and cookies!
These chips are soooo versatile! They can be used as a scoop for your favorite dip (I use mine for guacamole), taco shells and even croutons for your salad.
Try making these with parmesan, cheddar and romano cheeses. Softer cheeses such as blue cheese and brie will not work so well.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
HOMEMADE BAKED CHEESE CRISPS
1/2 cup shredded cheddar, parmesan or romano cheese
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop a tablespoon of shredded cheese onto the parchment paper, be sure there is at least an inch between them.
- Place in oven for about 6-10 minutes. Watch the closely and be careful not to overcook as the cheese will become bitter. Usually, when the cheese has stopped bubbling, you should remove them from the oven.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
You can find a list of simple, tasty and keto-friendly snacks here!